Monday 8 August 2016

Evidently, I'm Bad at Blogging

I'm working on fixing that though.

So July was a massive flop for me. I had a major artist block that refused to go away and life wanted to get in the way as well.

Thus, I'm thinking of changing up the way I post updates and how I go about achieving goals that I set out for myself. This art block really crippled my workflow for the entire month so I'm hoping to avoid that.

The Plan is...


I'm going to try to aim for monthly goals and post small updates weekly. That, and work on making a more long term plan for this project. From there, I can work on the smaller monthly goals with (hopefully) a clearer picture of what I need to achieve and how to go about it.

Other Notes...


I think part of the reason my art isn't working as much as I would like is because I've unintentionally signed myself up for a whole lot of things without considering my schedule. Such things include holding a producer role for the semester 2 pantomime with the UWA Panto Society, and starting on an online diploma of project management.

I should be able to juggle everything, but I really need to say no to things sometimes.

Planning Up!


The big picture goal is obviously to get the game out with some killer artwork in an year and a half or so (date not determined, don't quote this). Starting out on the smaller goals, I need to get a working art style for the project that'll be visually interesting and successfully implementing it into the test level that we have now. That should be a solid months worth of work just on the 3D assets and animations.

In Case You Didn't See It...


On my art page on Facebook, he's some work I've done in some of my spare time when the block wasn't as overwhelming.

Hey look! My toe got into the shot.

I need a better way to post these rather than just using my phone.

I had this sketch for a while from before the July block, I also found some fantastic paint pens. So I went over the line art and put the pens to good use. I managed a to nail the cell shaded look on Samurai, it worked much better than I thought it would.

9/10 Would definitely recommend buying these pens.

I'll post updates when I have some art ready to show you guys. The project management course is actually really helping with time management and planning and I'm only halfway through the first unit. It's almost like they know what students are like with assessments.

Anyways, I'll update you guys soon!

Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment