Sunday 3 July 2016

Update: July Is Crunch Month

So that basically means there will be changes to my pipeline over this month.

Context?


My work partner, Alex, wants to have a working test build of the game done by the end of the month so he can get some tweaking done to the core gameplay.

This means I need to crunch hard to pump out a whole load of assets for this test.

So Get To The Point Already


I will be halving my sprint timelines to a sprint per week. Quality isn't as big of a factor this month just so long as it is functional for the test build deadline we set out for us.

So!


Starting this week is a premature end to sprint 4, and the first of the Crunch Sprints for this month. 

Goals for Crunch Sprint 1 (CS 1?)
  1. Basic Rig for anklebiter enemy (including skinned mesh and IKs(Inverse Kinematics, I don't really have time to explain so here)
  2. Basic Animations for said anklebiter including
    1. Idle
    2. Run
    3. Attack
    4. Death

TL;DR

July is the month in which lots of assets are going to be churned out so that the game this is going towards has something to go from. I'm going to run myself into the ground trying to get all of this out and working.

Lots of coffee will be consumed to sate my needs.

In the meantime, here's the fruits of Sprint 4 before it was cut.

First bit of production art done! The character portrait for Templar.


I suppose you could say CS GO!

See you next week/sometime sooner if I finish the CS goals before then!
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment