Monday 6 June 2016

2 Months later

 Brushing Off The Dust


I know what you're thinking. That was the longest two weeks you've ever sat through waiting for an update. 

You're right, and I'm sorry it's been so long without an update.

I've been a busy guy lately and mostly none of it has been towards the project.

So instead of a sprint update, here's what I was busy with.

I'd Like to Talk to You About The Revengers Initiative


For those of you who don't know what a Pantomime is, the TL;DR version is that it is a play that usually parody fairytales and the audience is encouraged to heckle things like; "He's behind you!" or some other joke towards to cast on stage.

The Cast Shirts were great. The taglines on the back read "Heroes aren't Born...They're Cast." and "Revengers, Rassemble!"


The UWA Pantomime Society recently showed a pantomime about a group of supervillains called the Revengers and it was the most ambitious panto I've taken part in. This included something the Panto society had never done before, a short animated motion comic intro movie.

Due to time creeping up on everyone, we had a very short window to complete the entire thing.

Short as in 4 days.

All the assets were pre drawn thankfully. There was more that we wanted to add in but there was absolutely no time to get them in before the first show. We were already walking a knife's edge with the editing.



Credits for the intro vid for the art and editing collectively goes to Stuart Potts, Cam Michael Butler, Emily Archibald, and myself.
EDIT: Watch it here!

Slow Time To The Present

It's been a couple of weeks now since the panto and I've done at a handful of concepts to get myself back into the swing of work.

Hey look! It's the Templar again.

Believe it or not, I got the idea for this boss after watching a nature documentary.

Back On Track


I'm going to start up my sprints again. It's fair enough to say that my last sprint was a total flop so I'll start up from sprint 3. The major goals for this sprint will be:
  1.  To get the Templar rigged up and ready for animation.
  2.  Get some basic animations done for the Templar.
Other optional small goals include making basic equipment for the Templar like his shield and sword, and drawing up some more environment concepts to start fleshing out the feel of the world.

Rounding Off


I'll get back to posting updates every second sunday so then I can get myself back into the rhythm of designing again. The Revengers was a fantastic panto to be a part in but it did end up taking a very large chunk out of my time for the project. Now that the panto is well and truly out of the way (at least until next semester), I'll be devoting all the time needed to get something going for this project.

Sorry again for the hiatus and I'll see you in 2 weeks!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment